I love living in the 21st century. Never has the term VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) been more applicable. Donald Trump voted in as the 45th President of the United States President has shown that anything is possible.Never underestimate those unexpected “Black Swan” events that come your way. Trump’s victory took many by surprise. Everyone is trying to digest what has happened.
And so in the light of change, radical change, a better understanding and deep analysis of what artificial intelligence (AI) or cognitive technologies can do to jobs and our workforce is something we all need to sit up and deeply evaluate and synthesise. Some talent professionals have a better understanding of the implications of such a concept than others, but do we really understand what cognitive technologies are and the real implications to our workforce and the effect it is going to have on certain jobs? So, as I was searching for a report on the internet earlier this week, I came across a gem that can assist us in understanding the world of AI better.
On the Deloitte University Press website www.dupress.com I came across a helpful MOOC (massive open online course) that can all assist us with getting to grips with cognitive technologies. It is a very helpful resource and aims to help us gain a better understanding of the topic; this course has begun, but it will be easy for you to join in, catch up and get started.
In short, this MOOC will help to deepen your knowledge and understanding of cognitive technologies by:
1. Demystify Artificial Intelligence (AI)
2. Giving you a working definition of AI
3. Walking you through key cognitive technologies – how they work, what they do and what they are best used for
4. Giving you a better understanding of the 3 types of cognitive technologies
5. Assisting you in having informed discussions with your colleagues, boss and technology vendors
6. Helping you chart the future of your organisation in the area of cognitive technologies.
The course is made up of:
· 2 and half hours of video recourses divided up into 6 mini lectures
· Assessments and quizzes allow you to check and consolidate your knowledge
· Interviews with the experts
· Access to instructors and other learners.
What is artificial intelligence, and how did the field attain the importance it has today?The course covers the following:
- What are cognitive technologies? Dig below the surface and gain a basic understanding of the technologies that simulate language understanding, seeing, and reasoning.
- How will cognitive technologies impact my business? Explore the types of applications that cognitive technologies may be suited for, and discover a framework that can help you conceptualise whether and where you might deploy them in your organisation.
- What is the impact of cognitive technologies on work? Cut through the hype and understand what leaders and workers need to know now to prepare for the changes these technologies will bring to work, workers, and organisations.
- What does the future hold for cognitive technologies? Learn about the technological, legal and ethical factors that may influence the evolution and further adoption of cognitive technologies.
Join me as we discover this very important topic today. I have registered for the course and I am really enjoying the learning process and opening my mind and understanding around this very important topic. I hope you will too.
Yours in trying to make your life easier around sourcing very useful learning resources,